PCC LEAH is a ministry of Pittsford Community Church and a Rochester, NY area chapter of New York State LEAH, Inc. (Loving Education at Home).
PCC LEAH is a Christian organization, made up of Christian home schooling families in the greater Rochester, NY area. This chapter is open to membership from within and outside Pittsford Community Church. Members must agree to the LEAH statement of faith (below). The group offers support and fellowship to homeschooling parents as well as activities and relationships for home schooled children which complement and build upon the parent’s homeschooling goals. If you desire involvement in a home school support group or want to learn more about home education, you’re welcome to attend a meeting or event. Call to find out about what may be coming up that is appropriate to visit. Membership in PCC LEAH is required to be part of the educational activities, Friday co-op and field trips. Contact Avik & Sarah Ganguly 585-746-8708 for more information or email.
Loving Education at Home, Inc. is a Christian organization, the members of which are like-minded Christian home-education support groups made up of families dedicated to observing Biblical commands, such as: Deuteronomy 6:4-9, Proverbs 22:6 and Ephesians 6:4. The purpose of our organization is to support and encourage families in NYS that home school their children. We have found that this support and encouragement is best provided through a network of the local support groups, organized into geographic regions, throughout New York State.
Statement of Faith
Our Statement of Faith includes only those truths upon which all true Christians agree. It concerns the authority of Scripture, Deity of Christ, the Person and Work of Jesus Christ (the Gospel) as revealed in Scripture. It is the faith once delivered to the saints (Jude 1:2, Ephesians 4:5) which distinguishes believers from non-believers. There are many other precious truths taught in the Bible over which godly men have differed in understanding. Therefore, this is not a statement of all that is important to believe, but of all that is essential to believe for Christian Fellowship and unity. (Romans 15:7).
Section 2. We believe:
- The Bible to be the inspired, infallible, divinely preserved Word of God, the supreme and final authority for all faith and life.
- That there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, His bodily resurrection, His ascension, and His imminent bodily return in power and glory.
- That man was created in the image of God, but fell into sin and is therefore lost, and only those who put their faith in Jesus Christ alone, not trusting in any personal works whatsoever, can be saved.
- That salvation is the free gift of God brought to the sinner by grace and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, Whose substitutionary death on the cross paid the penalty for man’s sin.
- That the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to convict mankind, indwell, guide, instruct, and empower the believer for godly living and service.
- That God created man and woman after His own image, and that God has ordained marriage, consisting of one man and one woman, to be the foundation of the family and to be the only legitimate and Godly expression of sexuality.
- In the spiritual unity of believers through our common faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and that individual doctrinal differences, which may exist, outside of the aforementioned, should not hinder the unity of Christian home educators.